Have you taken something apart just to understand how it functions? Are you passionate about finding the answer to “Why” things happen? Are you tired of the mundane office/cubical exertion, and prefer to get out in the field putting your skills to use?
Come grow with an Industry Leader in Forensic Engineering. A solid reputation, passionate team and endless opportunities; that’s Rimkus Consulting Group.
We are currently seeking a Fire Investigator to join our team of forensic experts whose principle duties will consist of determining the origin and cause of fires involving a myriad of incidents including residential, commercial structure, vehicle, and marine fires. In return for your talent and effort, we offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), a flexible work schedule, and opportunities for advancement.
- Gathering photographic and physical evidence.
- Conducting investigations to document onsite conditions, and overseeing field- testing.
- This includes scene photography, interviewing witnesses, and evidence/data gathering.
- Prepare oral and written reports that document causes of fire or explosion incident
- Preparing and giving depositions and expert testimony.
- Associates Degree in Fire Science and/or 10+ years’ of related experience (fire investigator, firefighter, Law enforcement experience) is required.
- Knowledge of fire ground procedures, including fire investigative duties, serving in the capacity of fire fighter, law enforcement specializing in fire origin and cause.
- Experience in fire and explosion investigation and analysis field is a MUST.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word is required.
- CFI-IAAI required (and/or to be completed in 6 months of employment based on approval).
- Must have current IAAI or comparable transcript identifying education meeting with industry standards NFPA 921 & 1033.
- Have current certifications and course related work as it relates to fire origin and cause.
- Possess strong technical knowledge and understanding processing investigative fire scenes (including but not limited to processing fire scenes, photograph documentation, collection and transporting evidence and related duties as assigned.