Do you want some flexibility in your schedule? Are you bored with design work and would like to spend more of your time out in the field?
You are a professional looking to make a difference. You're decisive, action-oriented, and the go-to person regarding MEP and HVAC. You have an easy way with people and can talk to anyone, explaining difficult ideas in ways that are easy for everyone to understand. But what you really want is a bit more outdoor time and some flexibility in your schedule while doing what you love most.
On our team, you can work with minimum supervision helping figure out what went wrong with a variety of mechanical items, with an emphasis on MEP and HVAC systems.
In this role, you will do everything needed to determine what happened, report your findings to the Client and sometimes testify to explain them. This position makes a huge impact on the safety of things people use every day. Sometimes that can involve code changes or even recalls of items.
What We're Looking For In Order for You To Succeed
- BS Civil or higher degree in related field
- PE License required, and NCEES preferred
- 8 years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering, HVAC or MEP systems.
- Experience in mechanical systems, or equipment design, installation or evaluation.
- Project Engineering/Management experience
- Independent judgment; strong analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform all of the following functions is required: climb ladders, walk on roofs, enter and work in confined spaces if applicable. Shovel fire debris, move furniture and other household/commercial items if applicable. Work outdoors in hot or cold weather. Life up to 50 pounds and use necessary safety equipment.
- Perform duties that may require standing, walking, bending, kneeling or squatting for prolonged periods of time
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Assess and determine the origin and cause of complex and unique problems for our clients within all types of residential and commercial buildings.
- Experience in MEP design, appliances, mechanical and HVAC equipment, fire suppression systems, fuel distribution and plumbing systems and HVAC systems background
- Investigate equipment, pipe, appliances, material, and systems failures.
- Work as part of a team, with other engineering specialties, to determine the root cause of an incident.
- You will perform timely accurate analysis, prepare reports, and present your findings to the client and other interested parties.
- You must be able to manage several projects simultaneously and be detail orientated.