We are currently seeking a Construction Engineer for our Ft. Lauderdale office with experience specific to the design and construction of buildings to assist in the determination of the cause, origin, and extent of construction defects, construction delays, structural failures, water intrusions, and other failures. An understanding and proficiency of installation standards, practices, and procedures within the building construction industry is essential. In return for your talent and effort, we offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), a flexible work schedule, and opportunities for advancement.
- Duties in this key position involve the investigation and analysis of residential, commercial, and industrial properties for the purpose of resolving claims and legal matters.
- Assignments may include contract disputes, installation deficiencies, material deficiencies, site evaluations, settlement investigations, structural assessments, and vibration analyses.
- Duties include gathering photographic evidence, conducting investigations to document on-site conditions, overseeing field-testing, and reviewing historical documentation.
- Preparation of oral and written reports to document the causes of failure, extent of loss, associated work scope, and recommended remediation are essential as is providing opinions and expert testimony in litigation matters.
- Ability to initiate, develop and maintain mutually beneficial client relationships.
- BS or better in Civil Engineering with 15 years minimum experience.
- PE license in Florida is required. Ability to obtain a PE license in other jurisdictions via an NCEES Record is also desired.
- Previous daily construction project manager experience with a general contractor or developer to include preparing cost estimates, awarding sub-contracts, preparing schedules, coordinating activities, and responsibility for job site safety and profitability.
- A General Contractors license or the ability to obtain such license within 6 months is highly desired.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to deliver presentations to clients for the purposes of both litigation support and marketing.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and able to perform inspections in confined spaces.
- Must be able to inspect building roof structures
Rimkus Consulting Group is a world leader in forensic engineering and consulting with more than 50 offices across the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom. For the past 35 years, Rimkus Consulting Group has been dedicated to the timely resolution of accidents, claims, and legal disputes.
In order to meet today’s complex challenges, Rimkus provides more than 400 professional engineers, scientists, and consulting experts who offer real-world expertise that spans across a broad spectrum of public and private environments. At Rimkus, our clients can count on us for timely delivery, clear communications, and scientifically correct and reliable answers to some very complex questions.